In 2017, Instagram released an update that allows users to convert their personal profiles into a company profile. Initially, this option was only available to large companies and businesses. Now all users have access to this option and can activate or deactivate it at any time.
Here we will explain what is the difference between a personal profile and a company profile, what is the company profile for and how to activate it. Join us and we will reveal it to you simply and quickly.
How to activate your company profile on Instagram?
Activating your company profile is very easy and surprisingly fast, you just have to follow the steps we give you below:
- Once you are on Instagram go to your profile in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- Then tap in the upper right corner, just above the three horizontal lines.
- Next, you will have to go to “configuration” (below, with a drawing of a gear).
- In the account section, an option must be appearing names as “Switch to Company profile”.
- A welcome screen will appear and the “continue” button; you must touch it.
- At this point, Instagram will ask you to link a Facebook fan account to your new business account. Although since a more recent update, it allows you to postpone this step.
- In case you decide to link both accounts, you will have to log in to your Facebook profile.
- Now you must fill in certain information, such as the category in which the company you manage should be, your phone number, email, city …
- And that's it! You already have a company profile on Instagram.
There is another way to activate your company profile, but …
It does not depend initially on you. There is a possibility that Instagram itself will send you an invitation to change your profile to a business one. This happens if you have a certain movement in your account that indicates that you are in business, or if you have your Facebook fan account linked from before.
A blue tab will appear on your profile in which a text will appear inviting you to know more about company profiles. Tapping on “more information” will send you to the screen of point five that we mentioned above. The rest of the process is exactly the same.
What is the difference between a personal profile and a company profile?
We will mention below some characteristics of the business profile that are absent in the personal profile.
- In your profile there will be a contact button.
- Your profile can be linked to a Facebook fan or business page
- In your profile you can add a category to your company, such as a personal blog or news website.
- In the company profile you will be given access to data and charts that measure the statistics and effectiveness of your account. Things like the number of users who save your photos, or the total number of people who view a post.
- The company profile will allow you to include advertising in your publications.
- There will be, if you wish, a button with the physical address of your business linked to Google Maps.
Benefits of having a company profile on Instagram
The main advantage is that you are allowed to access your profile statistics, from the percentage of men and women who follow you, to the times when your followers are most active.
This is extremely useful if you have a business, because you would know exactly when and how to place ads, what audience to target them, and the impact they cause. You will also be able to see the growth of your account and the clicks on your website (if you added a website to your biography).
Before Instagram implemented this tool, if you wanted to know these figures, you had to download a lot of unreliable applications and full of ads. A notable benefit is that this is no longer necessary, since the same Instagram application provides you with the necessary information to position your account.
No matter, If you do not have a business reality and are not interested to have it. Instagram you can likewise change your account to a personal profile to Company Profile. And in the same way that if you had a business, you can have access to all the statistical data provided by Instagram.
You will see how many people go back in your stories, or how many clicks on tagged profiles, the number of users who enter your profile per week, and many other things. We emphasize the advantage of having access to these analyzes.
Cheap Unlimited Web hosting as low as $10/Year
Grow my business with a company profile?
The one that we consider one of the biggest advantages when creating a business profile on Instagram, is that of being able to put paid ads. This possibility, depending on user traffic, will grow your business exponentially. These advantages can only be attained when you have a god followers count. If you don’t have, you can avail the services from any service provider to buy Instagram Followers UK.
Well, once you have created your company profile, you can configure it so that the advertisers of your Facebook account that we mentioned before, migrate to that of Instagram. For that, you will have to follow the following steps:
- Go to the “settings” section.
- Then to “payments”.
- The ad account you had on Facebook will appear there.
- Then you select it and configure the payment method.
- Once ready, go to any post on your profile and tap below it where it says “promote”, on a blue button.
- A tab will open with two options: the first one will say “visits to your website”, and the second one will say “calls or visits to your business”.
- In any of the two options, a tab will appear again where you can choose whether you want Instagram to make your ads or if you want to do it yourself. This is already according to what you think suits you.