Anyone who has a project on the internet certainly wants to appear in the most relevant positions of Google. And although the process is difficult due to competitiveness, there are ways to reach the best positions in the search engine. Today’s content is exactly that: you learn how to improve the position of your site on Google.
Why improve Google positioning with your site
Achieving the best positions on Google means that your online project will receive many more hits.
And therefore it could be suitable for many more users and also benefit more from all these visitor movements.
Google is currently the most used search engine in the world. It corresponds with 94% of all organic traffic (unpaid) received by sites that look good.
It is therefore more than a good idea to appear at the top positions in the search engine.
Moreover, it is known that the top three positions on the pages with search results combined more than 60% of all traffic received on the internet.
So this is where you might want to come up with your project on the internet, whether it’s a website, blog or webshop.
How can I improve my site position on Google?
There are some very specific techniques and ways that you can implement to improve the overall placement of your site pages on Google.
Below we mention the Top 5 tips to get started today and get a better ranking for your site as quickly as possible.
Tip 1 – Analyze the overall performance of your site
The first tip is to analyze the overall performance of your site. And thereby identify the elements that may prevent your project from reaching the most accessible positions on Google.
For this you can explore monitoring tools and page evaluation.
In principle, they go through the complete programming of a domain. They also identify the most and least optimized components. Moreover, point out the most important shortcomings and suggest possible improvements.
Some of these tools are:
- GTmetrix. Free is one of the best known tools that users use on the internet. It displays 27 criteria with data about page loading speed and time, image level and optimization of programming language and cached data. It has paid plans for further analysis.
- Page Speed Insights. It is Google’s tool to measure the performance of a site. Free, indicates a time and speed score with which a domain is loaded, both desktop and mobile. It also contains user experience data using the Chrome browser and opportunities for improvement in very specific areas such as non-optimized programming languages and images.
- Web page Test. Free, with the tool you can select the place of test origin (cities in Brazil or abroad) and in which browser the user wants to receive the answers to the performance evaluation. Performs a general domain scan, including highlights, content and support pages, with graphical information about data compression, page optimization, and images. It also provides solutions to the problems encountered.
Tip 2 – Accelerate the performance of your website
One of the most important factors of Google is the loading speed of a page.
Keep in mind that there are some ways to make your project better and search engine friendly.
Some of the most direct are:
- Image optimization. It depends on the size and amount of space that your site images take up on the host server. Use lightweight formats such as GIF (animations), PNG (vectors) and JPEG (photos in general). Combine quality with image dimensions and take no more than the space required for your site layout. Also use compactors such as Optimizilla, TinyPNG and JPEGmini.
- Remove unnecessary functions. A website needs themes, plug-ins, functions and functionality to stand out on the internet. But if you have installed too many at the same time, you can become overwhelmed. Disable what you do not need by eliminating the burden on the hosting storage server. Do this via the website’s own control panel or the rented hosting service panel.
- Use CDN. Content distribution networks (Content Delivery Network) are a group of worldwide servers that, linked together, accelerate the delivery of content, data and information quickly and securely. They optimize this internet connection and improve the user experience for a specific domain. Cloudflare is one of the most famous types.
- Quality Website Hosting. Choosing the right hosting service that meets your needs can be challenging. Ideally, you hire the person who securely stores user data while maintaining access speed and the constant performance of the service. Know more about types of hosting.
Tip 3 – Write and publish quality content
Content is the written part of every website. Whether it is a news portal, a blog or an online store, what you write on your pages, it must be informative and the most frequently asked questions from internet users.
Quality content is content that is naturally recognized by search engines as something that is offered to users as a suggestion of information.
The better written you are, the more you help your visitor answer a question and the better optimized for a keyword, the greater the chance that a site will improve Google positioning.
Other characteristics of quality content are:
- Originality and fascinating text. High quality content starts with original ideas and catchy, progressive text development. The suggestion is always to search a lot, to sort the topics by paragraph and to define what kind of topics you want to write. Starting with something you know a lot about, such as hobbies or academic courses, can help you start writing easily. And of course make sure that the text is not copied from another site.
- Short sentences and impressive title. You have to worry about the fluency and dynamics of the ideas written in the content. It is therefore recommended to use short and objective sentences to eliminate very long passages, which can lead to tiring and surprising readers. Similarly, a catchy (and not really opportunistic) headline helps encourage clicks, which can generate even more hits and allow users to share content on the internet.
- Consider user intention. This exercise aims to write high-quality content that addresses users’ problems, pains, questions and concerns. Here are tutorials, step by step, how-to and how-to content. Google is widely used to find solutions for every kind of problem. And using it to your advantage with complete, informative content that leads the visitor through difficulties can make a big difference.
- Check and edit. Content is only considered quality if it also values coherence, coherence, grammar and error-free writing. Before publishing text, it is recommended to reread and revise as often as necessary until you have a complete material, with no writing errors, accentuation, and a natural sense of fluency in the connection between ideas. It is the last point and one of the most decisive before knowledge is made available on the internet.
TIP: Do you want to learn to write better? We bring 10 tips for blog posts so you can know and practice this as quickly as possible!
Tip 4 – Optimize SEO on your site
SEO (Searchmachine optimalisation) stands for Searchmachine optimalisation.
This practice brings together a series of techniques that optimize pages & content on a site to make it more crawler-friendly for Google. And so are indicated and positioned in the best search results.
SEO optimization can be done in many ways. Some of the most common practices are in the site text itself, in the internal settings of the main pages, and even in the images.
And, depending on the level of optimization quality, you can improve the site position by combining all these variables.
Some of the most basic SEO tips for website optimization are:
- Choose keywords. It is important to define keywords that are related to the purpose of finding users’ doubts. This is how you can create and target content that responds to key issues and issues. Given this schedule, it makes no sense to choose random keywords that are not related to your business. For example, you have a tourism website and want to rank for terms such as “arcade games” or “sugar-free soft drinks”.
- Insert keywords in pages & # 39; s. Once you have chosen the keyword, you must place it in strategic places on your site. These are: the internal title of the page and content, the URL, the headers (H1, H2 …), the meta description and also the chosen image description (ALT Tag attribute). You do not have to meet all of these requirements at the same time, as this can cause over-optimization, a practice that Google finds useless. You must balance these actions.
- Right URL. The URL is nothing more than the address you type in the browser to access a website. It must be optimized and suitable according to the chosen keyword. Regardless of whether it is a website submission, product sales page or blog content page, a Google with a keyword that you enter, Google instructs you to crawl that keyword. It is one of the deciding factors for ranking in the search engine.
- Conquer backlinks. Backlinks are the links that other domains use that refer to your site. They are one of the top factors of Google and are all about the relevance and authority of a webpage. The more quality your site has backlinks, the better your search engine placement will be. It is possible to get backlinks with quality content and to write guest messages to other domains.
TIP: Learn all about SEO page optimizations with our detailed guide to 10 SEO techniques applicable.
Knowing how to rank in Google is not a very difficult task. But it is quite a challenge because you have to do a lot of exercises with your site.
From this content you have learned that the most important are optimizing the loading speed of pages, producing high-quality content and applying SEO techniques based on keywords.
From now on, hands on!