A CV is your gateway to the professional world. This is your chance to stand out from other applicants. That is why you learn in this content how to create an online CV and which platforms you can use to show your professional potential to employers.
What is online resume and what is it for?
A CV is a document in which a person presents his or her most relevant skills, skills and work experience. This document, which can be online, is a kind of calling card to compete for jobs in the labor market.
The information on the curriculum must be as complete, accurate and truthful as possible. They will seduce, convince and convince those responsible for the selection processes of companies. It is a passport to attend a job interview.
How to build a resume online
A CV must have the basic personal and professional information of a job applicant. In general, they must be true, concise and clear and must follow a data structure hierarchy in the created document. It is a kind of personal marketing.
View other features that every online resume should have:
- Updated information. The idea is to enter as much data as possible, taking into account what is most relevant in the professional life of the candidate. This information must be updated to the latest status. This includes address, e-mail addresses, past experiences, academic background, acquired qualifications, and so on.
- Data not exaggerated. Although it is advisable to enter complete information, it is also recommended not to overdo it. The applicant does not have to enter the full history of his or her academic background or all the work they have completed. It is important to demonstrate a variety of skills and experiences, but in order not to be delimited, you must define secondary details, such as additional roles and tasks.
- Page layout. Care with curriculum organization is crucial. The tip is to use Times New Roman or Arial font, size 12 and structure the page in a hierarchy of information. It can start with essential personal information, followed by academic background, work experience and further qualifications. The candidate can use rows and columns to separate them all.
- Page presentation. A resume should be your professional impression on interviewers. That is why it is not recommended to use expressive colors, pictures (maximum 3 × 4) or animations. The goal is to use fixed margins and proportional lines and light colors to separate the sessions and highlight the most relevant information from each component. Icons can be used to qualify mastery over certain skills, but without overdoing it.
- Attention to Portuguese. The least that the candidate must show in a curriculum is the command of the Portuguese language. Typos, grammar and the use of terms to impress in the selection process are almost unforgivable and undermine the chances of the candidate. It is always recommended to check the graphic accentuation, the fluency of the information, to prevent jargon, strangeness and ambiguous words.
What information should you put on the online curriculum?
Each CV contains personal and professional basic information. Below you will find the essential information that every applicant must place in a professional online CV.
Header of personal information
It is the first part and the beginning of a curriculum. It must be at the top of the document and contain personal information such as full name, marital status, age, address, city, state, zip code, telephone and contact e-mail. This does not include social security numbers, family relationships, credit card numbers and information that is not relevant to the employer.
The applicant informs the employer about the vacancy. For example: “Business Intern”, “Communication Analyst” or “Project Manager”. You should not use the same resume for more than one job in the same company. On the other hand, it is possible to indicate what the expectations are with regard to the job objectives and how the professional can contribute to the job requirements.
The candidate adds his academic record, that is, the level of education. Fits every stage of university student life, from high school to university. It is not necessary to place the formation of the most elementary education, such as preschool education. It is interesting to have a list of institutions, courses, year or completion forecast. The same applies to specializations such as postgraduate and MBA.
It is the synthesis of all previous professional experiences of the candidate. If there are many, it is advisable to post the newest. Inform the company for which you worked, the period, the position and the activities that are performed on a daily basis. It is also interesting to place secondary responsibilities and assignments if you do not exaggerate the presentation of the content.
It is the space for the candidate to write career strengths up to that point. These can be skills, competencies, personality aspects and various experiences that are relevant to the intended new role. You do not have to mention much, but the essential elements that you think fit into the proposal in question. But remember: it is a summary and without exaggeration.
It is time to enter the foreign language and the fluency level of the candidate (beginner, advanced, advanced). It is completely unnecessary to place the Portuguese language in this section. And it is mandatory to be honest, because this characteristic must be tested at the time of the interview or in a situation prior to employment.
What not to place in an online CV?
You don’t have to use all sorts of information to produce a resume. In fact, the ideal is to set only what is most important and relevant to the employer, in the sense that you have to demonstrate why you have to apply for the stated vacancy.
Below are some topics that may not be placed in a vacancy.
- title. You do not need to place a presentation title on your CV. So avoid words like “resume”, “resume” or “my professional resume”. Because you want to be objective and as professional as possible in communication with your employer, you go directly to the most important information (topics above).
- Personal pronouns. Language of third parties is intended for use in a professional curriculum. So no use of “I have developed a tool” or a hidden topic such as “I have participated in an event …”. You need to turn your text into something like “tool development” or “participation in events” for a more professional presentation.
- Reason for leaving previous jobs. It is not interesting to give details about why you left your previous work experience. It is recommended to allow this time for the interview when these questions arise, as this is a time depending on the circumstances.
- False information. It may seem obvious, but false information can stand in the way of the candidate. At the time of the interview, the employer is very likely to question information about work experience, skills and qualifications. Not knowing how to answer these questions is a big mistake. And if hired, the candidate must prove his or her skills day by day.
- photos & # 39; s. Apart from taking up a lot of space on a resume page, it is important not to post photos on the data page. At most one of the 3 × 4 type, but only if it is a requirement of the employer. And this photo is usually only requested for e-mail and separately from the curriculum document. So do not abuse contact with your future boss.
- Salary intention. Salary is one of the most delicate issues when looking for a new job. The action to include in the curriculum what your financial objective is should only be informed if the position requires that information. And often the employer asks by e-mail. When the issue of reimbursement is discussed in the interview, you must be realistic and stay within the reality of your niche market supply.
How to create a resume online
Knowing how to create a resume online can be a challenging task. The simplest and most practical way is to open a blank text document each on the computer like the traditional wordand place the information according to the tips above. And then save this file PDF format and shoot it at the desired spot.
Still it is possible to use tool available on the internet to facilitate this internship process. Below are some of them, which can also be called platforms, for you to learn how to create an online resume.
- LinkedIN. It is the social network for recruitment, selection, networking and knowledge exchange between professionals from all over the world. The platform is free and has its own system for users to create their own online curriculum, adding personal, professional, skills, competencies and extracurricular tasks.
- indeed. It is one of the largest job sites in the world. Free, this allows you to create a registration and, based on that, a complete online CV to apply for vacancies. You can use filters to browse and participate in opportunity selections in other states and even countries. It makes it a lot easier to centralize one CV and use it for different companies with similar vacancies.
- Jobs. Free, is one of the largest portals in Brazil to find job openings. It has a ready-to-use tool to create your own curriculum with personal, professional, past experiences, educational level and additional data. It is possible to filter by job type, knowledge requirement and also by accessibility (vacancies for the disabled).
- Info jobs. It is a free platform for candidates and recruiters. This allows you to post CVs and search job openings based on the professional’s interest, along with other preferred options. Similarly, employers can search for professionals using filters at function level, education level, skills and location.
Creating an online CV is not difficult. You only have to pay attention to the organizational structure of the most important information and use the right tool for that. And that is exactly what you saw in this content. Until next time. ?